Personal branding is marketing YOU. If you don’t have the right images or poorly composed or lit images, this can be detrimental to your brand. Creating the right perception in your prospect’s mind results in more quality enquiries and the right kind of clients. Presenting yourself as credible, authentic and personable. It gives you a consistent brand message on all platforms.
Some things to consider when deciding on the style of your personal branding photos are:
* How do you want to be photographed?
* Where do you want to use your photos?
* Are there any products/props you want to include?
* How can you incorporate your branding colours?
* What style of photos do you need for each medium (eg. Social Media vs Website vs Brochures etc).
From there you can plan your outfits to bring along and things you need to do before the day. On the day of your photoshoot, you can work through several wardrobe changes and incorporate products or props as required.
It is important to have a range of photos taken as different formats can be used for many mediums. Some of these include:
* Square format – suitable for profile photos or for Instagram
* Landscape format (long and skinny) – suitable for website or Facebook banners
* Portrait format (tall and skinny) – suitable for flyers/brochures or magazine spreads.
* Closely cropped images are better for profile photos whereas images that have more surrounds or space to the left or right can be used in conjunction with text for marketing.
So if you want to capture the real you showcasing your own personal brand, contact me now to book to come in for a face-to-face consultation where we will design your shoot and then capture the right images to best demonstrate this.